Here’s a roundup of what I’ve been looking at this week.
- The casting of the Punisher. I have said for a while that I think the Punisher would make a great main villain in the Daredevil series season 2. I don’t know if he’ll be that, but this is just incredible casting. Jon Bernthal is an incredible actor and I expect some very good things. Also, violence.
- This weird tor.com post. This is that post that has the publishing world so upset this week. Yeah, companies want to make sure that the world knows that there is a separation between the employee’s opinions and the opinions of the company. Any writer with a day job knows of this, but it’s possible to slip up. Usually, the solution is not to then publicly shame that employee. That… pretty much has the opposite of the intended effect, doesn’t it?
- Are pistons real or just in Minecraft? A very intelligent young person asked me this and the linked website was my answer. Yes. Pistons are real. They are very, very real.
- The Abridged Script to Blackhats kept me laughing for a while. I didn’t even know that Thor was a hacker, but I guess he is.
- Faerie. I’m doing a lot of research for a writing project that is not exactly top secret, but it’s not well formed yet. It’s shaping up nicely. There’s magic.
Lastly, here’s this video you should watch. Yes, it takes a little patience. Ten minutes is a super long video. It’s worth it, though.