Convention season is beginning! It’s time for ConFusion next week (1/16-1/19), and I’LL BE THERE!
MOST of the time you’ll be able to find me at the bar nursing a single beer for hours on end, as is my custom. However, I DO have a few panels and signings and readings and, well, here’s the schedule:
- Hand Selling for Fun and Profit – Friday, 1pm Manitou – We’ll be talking about selling books with some really excellent experts on the subject
- Promoting Your Book–What Works and What Doesn’t – Friday, 2pm, Charlevoix – Come learn how to promote your book. This is THE HARDEST PART of publishing, so come learn from some people who have been doing it a while.
- Mass Autographing Session – Saturday, 1pm, St. Clair – I mean, I will be doing the normal amount of autographing. With the help of MANY other authors is becomes a mass event. Come to say hi to Scalzi. Stay to chat with me.
- Ongoing Conversations about AI and Personhood in genre fiction – Saturday, 5pm, Petoskey – We’re talking about AIs in fiction, one of my favorite subjects.
- Reading: Cherie Priest, Jim C. Hines, and Anthony W. Eichenlaub – Saturday, 7pm, Carlevoix. Look. I’m going to read you a story. You don’t have to like it, but you’re going to have to endure it if you want to also here these TWO OTHER FANTASTIC WRITERS read their stories. I’m pretty excited for this one.
So there you have it. An exciting lineup and a great way to kick off the year.